Wonder what he's going to do with all his winnings? According to Brandon, "I'm definitely going to be getting Hard Boiled Cultures and Hard Boiled Armies (I'm a big fan of One Bad Egg stuff). Other than that, I will likely be spending it on primarily 4th edition classes." Sounds like a good time to me!
Now, on to the results...
1. What kind of content would you prefer for a Book of Villains?
|Large collection (over 100) of lightly developed villains that reads much like a D&D monster manual, only it includes villains and their minions.||10%|
|Smaller collection of more deeply developed villains where each entry might include multiple art pieces, maps of lairs, encounters, fully developed minions, etc.||25%|
|A mixture of #1 and #2 where a few some villains are more developed than other.||54%|
2. In addition to villain write ups, what other features would you like included? (may total more than 100% becuase people could pick more than one)
|Chapter on the nuts and bolts of villain creation||62%|
|System for randomly generating villains on the fly||47%|
|Maps and encounters for villains||62%|
3. Which of the above choices would be most important?
|None of them||8%|
|Chapter on the nuts and bolts of villain creation||38%|
|System for randomly generating villains on the fly||18%|
|Maps and encounters for villains||32%|
4. What format do you think a new "Book of Villains" printed book should take?
|More expensive, full color interior printed book||20%|
|Less expensive, B&W interior printed book||65%|
|Cheap as hell printed B&W book with only a few illustrations||6%|
|None; I have no interest in a printed Book of Villains||9%|
5. What genre's of RPGs do you enjoy playing?
|SciFi / Cyberpunk||59%|
6. Which RPGs have you played in the last year?
|Dungeons & Dragons (any edition)||93%|
|Mutants & Masterminds||14%|
|Star Wars Saga Edition||18%|
|World of Darkness||22%|
7. What would make the best addition to your existing RPG collection?
|A new game||15%|
|A new campaign setting||12%|
|A supplement for a game I already own||36%|
|An adventure or adventure series||17%|
|A folio of generic maps for a variety of settings||13%|
8. How likely are you to purchase RPG products from small-press (aka independent) game companies?
Not a chance. I prefer to save my money
I can't get enough of it
10. How likely would you purchase a Book of Villains for your favorite RPG (in print, PDF or Kindle)?
I wouldn't even pick it up to browse
I would preorder it the day it was announced