November 12, 2008

Bleeding Play's PUSH 1 - A Must Read

First off, let me thank 6d6 Fireball for pointing out all those excellent blogs that are not in the RPG Blogger Network. Yesterday, I found a new blog ("One Thousand One") where the author Jonathan Walton seemed to echo my own sentiments about why we play these games in the first place. Then I did my usual and hoped over to Technorati to find out who has linked to Mr. Walton's blog and I discovered Bleeding Play. To quote from their site:

"Bleeding Play is a publishing imprint for free pen-and-paper roleplaying games and a portal linking to other free games on the web."
I read on, and soon discovered PUSH 1 and PUSH 2. Both of these publications are free to download, and offer up Amagi Games quality generic insight into how-to roleplay well, how to run a game, how to create an immersive story and player-to-player tension.

The complete PDF for PUSH 1 is available here. The online version only includes the first two articles, but the PDF has the full-issue.

Honestly, once I started reading Push 1 I could not stop until I was done. So, please jump over there and grab it. It's simply amazing stuff. I can't wait till the next issue is released.

...
In other news, Google recently acquired Feedburner.com - the RSS service I use for distributing my blog - and they have offered to migrate all of my RSS feeds over to the new Google Feedburner. It's a bit confusing, but I'm hopeful that this will go smoothly and I wont lose the 70 or so subscribers I have worked so hard to get... and to make matters worse... my 3-year old iMac exploded and the hard drive died - so, although I'm fortunate to have a full-service extended warranty, I won't have my system back and running until next week. I'll be on a borrowed laptop until then.
...

4 comments:

  1. I'm hopeful that this will go smoothly and I wont loose the 70 or so subscribers I have worked so hard to get...

    You always write "loose" when you mean "lose," this time it sounds like if Google Feedburner screws you up you will loose your subscribers on them like you would loose a pack of hounds on an intruder.

    Sorry about your Mac, hope your data is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap! I loose again! Yeah... i'm a terrible writtter. =( and I hope my mac is OK to; I havnet herd phrum them abbout itz stateus in days - but I'm hoepful that ill get it back this weak sometyme.

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for posting the links to Push and Bleeding Play. I hadn't heard of it until you posted it. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. The author recently contacted me as well and let me know that PUSH 2 is still in the works, but not dead.

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comment below, you agree to the blog's Terms of Service.