April 15, 2009

Studio 2 Publishing Signs Open Game Table For Exclusive Retail Distribution


I am very pleased to announce that as of today, I have entered into a contract with Studio 2 Publishing for the exclusive retail distribution of Open Game Table: The Anthology of Roleplaying Game Blogs (Vol. 1). S2P currently publishes and distributes games such as Savage Worlds, Deadlands, The Edge of Mignight, and many many more. It's very likely you already have many games they distribute on your game shelf.

This is huge huge news!!!

One of the original goals of Open Game Table was to place a physical book on the shelves of bookstores and game hobby shops all over the country to draw attention our excellent RPG blogging community. With this new contract in place, this will no doubt be a success!

The anthology will not be seen in your FLGS for another 3 or 4 months though, as S2P needs time to ramp up and put the anthology through their usual retail promotion cycle. For example, the book will be listed in the next edition of the Greater Games Industry Catalog with a "vendor code" (OGT0001), and retail stores need to be given time to order a few copies, etc. So, I have to exercise my patience... but in the meantime, Open Game Table will still be available online through Lulu.com and Amazon.com. So, if you can't wait PLEASE jump over there and pick yourself up a copy.

So... thanks again to EVERYONE who has pitched in to make this book at success! And thanks to Jim Searcy at S2P for being so damn awesome!

Wohoo!!!

9 comments:

  1. This indeed is most excellent news. I think this will help a lot. After the ramp up time, I can try to talk to my FLGS and try to get them carry a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! Does "exclusive" mean that it will vanish from Lulu and Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. The exclusivity only refers to retail distribution. The book will always be available via Lulu and Amazon - online channels are considered different animals. They will, however, begin handling my Amazon.com fuffilment once everything ramps up (which will be nice; shipping costs are killing me)-- but for now the half-dozen or so books I sell through Amazon each week are still coming outta my basement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I'm glad to see this deal for more than one reason ;) This is awesome for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. This is good news. Please tell the fine folks @S2P to feel free to use any quotes from my review in their promotional stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great news indeed. It feels like the culmination of your efforts in a way - given (one of the) primary focus' of this project.

    My hat's off to you sir.

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comment below, you agree to the blog's Terms of Service.