September 26, 2008

Around the Blogs...

According to my Google Reader, there's an average of 243 posts per week on the RPG Blogger's Network. Who the hell has time to read all those? I get a ton of mileage out of their website, but even I can't cover everything. Nonetheless, here are some of the posts that stood out to me this week:
  • D&D 4E Online Resources
    • An excellent post with link backs to a vast array of online tools for 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. Something everyone should bookmark.
  • Notes & Nostalgia
    • Information management for dungeons masters. How many of you still use pen and paper? (i do...)
  • Rust Monsters: Not for the Wuss at Heart
    • Fear in game play. How can you really get your players scared...
  • Adventurer's Vault
    • Asmor's scripts for 4E are a huge HUGE time saver. Now his two treasure generator scripts include all the juicy bits from the Adventurer's Vault as well. 
  • Randy Beuhler's D&D Insider News #8
  • RPG BLOG CARNIVAL #2
    • How could I possibly leave this out!? The RPG Blog Carnival wraps up today, and hopefully we can expect a summary for the carnival soon. DonnyTheDM's idea of choosing "HOMEBREW" really took off - at last count I found over 40 posts from various participating blogs. The next carnival will be announced soon!
  • RPG BLOG CARNIVAL LOGO CONTEST!
    • OK, this is a shameless plug, but the contest closes up today and voting begins tomorrow morning. Make sure you send in your entry NOW (see original post). The winner gets an Amazon.com gift certificate, and everyone who enters will receive a coupon book of Natural Twenties.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my post! I keep meaning to get my drawing scanned and photoshopped for that logo contest... if only my job and life will comply this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Thanks for reminding me, I really need to get around to joining the RPG Bloggers network. Lots of cool stuff going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning my post, though I think the prior post Fear in RPGs is more on-point. The Rust Monster post is more of an aside about one increasingly rare and much-resented kind of Fear that players can experience, and unfortunately seemed to cause more heat than illumination, particularly among people who didn't get the Knights of the Dinner Table reference in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I'm going to make you do it: give us a time deadline for this logo contest. Midnight? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also waiting for that contest

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comment below, you agree to the blog's Terms of Service.