September 2, 2008

RPG BLOG CARNIVAL LOGO CONTEST : Win $20 @ Amazon

Wohoo! The RPG BLOG CARNIVAL that I started last month seems to be taking off! The second round of the carnival has already started, and is being hosted by Donny the DM over at The Fine Art of the TPK. The topic is HOMEBREW, and from what I have seen across the RPG blogosphere, it already looks like it is going to be an even better success than the first round.
If you are reading this and don't know what the heck a blog carnival is, then check out the first announcement and the links therein. For the rest of you: lets make this even better!
So - starting today, I am sponsoring The RPG Blog Carnival Logo Contest. Submit logos for the RPG Blog Carnival (square, rectangular, whatever format you want) until the last Friday of the month. Either leave a comment here to URL pointing to the image files you create, or just email them to me (jonathan.jacobs AT gmail DOT com). I will post them here at The Core Mechanic as a gallery and set an anonymous voting system once the contest is over. Everyone can vote for their favorite logo for a week or so. The winner of the contest will get:
  1. bragging rights;
  2. have their logo used on tons of participating websites; and
  3. a $20 Amazon.com gift card!
I know that a $20 gift card is not much, but I figured it is always fun to win something. So, I hope this will generate some buzz and even more involvement by fellow bloggers of the community.

Send in your logo design now! Leave the URL in the comments section of this post or email it to me!

... hopefully this won't fall flat on its face! haha!

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea!

    Count me in :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to contribute to this too. Another great idea, Jonathan.

    PS If I win, you can keep the Amazon voucher. Ever since South Africa's post office got blacklisted by Amazon, ordering from them is just a bit too expensive. :(

    j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey all! thanks for leaving some comments - and for the support! I was thinking this was going to be a total flop. At least this way the logo contest has 2 contestants...

    GREYWULF vs. JATORI!

    heh... sounds like a classic godzilla movie or something.

    As for the Amazon thing, we'll work something out. A prize is a prize is a prize - how about a basket of King Protea's? That would make it distinctly South Afrikan, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my entry:

    http://microlite20.net/images/blogcarnival_logo.jpg

    And a sidebar-friendly 200px version of the same:

    http://microlite20.net/images/blogcarnival_200.jpg

    Now to spread the word. We want more entrants! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely submit something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm in. You can see my submission here. Hope you like it!

    http://geek-orthodox.blogspot.com/2008/09/rpg-blog-carnival-logo-contest.html

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comment below, you agree to the blog's Terms of Service.