September 15, 2008

Big Core Lists Update


Well, my Core Lists seem to be a useful thing to people - I've received a fair number of comments supportive of the project (even some emails), and my Google Analytics data tells me that the pages are being viewed often (the Monster & Terrain page gets more hits than this blog already, heh... go figure). I'm going to keep working on this to 'catch up' with what has been published thus far - so for a few days you'll probably see more info about the Core Lists project and less about the other things I want to work on. Once I'm caught up with the current state of what has already been published for 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons (both by WotC and Indy publishers; thanks Gomez for the suggestion), I'll return to normal broadcasting. So, here are the updates I'm managed to gather in the last day or so:

  • I've added link box on the right side of the page with all the links to the Core Lists in one place. Currently, this link box points to HTML pages - but I could change it to an Excel document download. Would that be preferable?
  • The Core Lists: Adventures now includes source links back to publisher websites so that people can easily find them when they want.
  • I've added new monsters to Core Lists: Monsters & Terrain. It now includes all the new 4E monsters from all issues of Dungeon and Dragon eZines, as well as from the H1 - H3 adventure paths. Where possible, I've included the monster terrain data taken from 3rd edition (or even older) sources so that people can continue to use the lists for random encounters tables, or just for ideas. The list now includes 650 different monsters!
Well... I'll keep at it. Let me know if you would like anything changed around (formatting, layouts, data included, etc).


[1] The inset image is a "Tomb Tapper" (aka Thaalun) taken from the AD&D Forgotten Realms Supplement "The Winds of Netheril" as drawn by Jesús Redondo. The monster was recently reintroduced in the recent 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I am concerned about how my blog is rendering. I ran IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox and Google Chrome from 2 different machines in my house and my blog seem's to render fine.

    Do any other reader's have bad layout with my blog?

    Can you use dashblog and send me an output of what you are seeing?

    By the way, I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I am so a Dungeons and Dragons fan, been playing 3.5, not really that interested in 4. I have been a DM since Advanced D&D 18 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Dragon Blogger : Thanks for the props DB! and welcome! I'm glad you like what I've been doing over here.

    I've screenshot your blog and posted a grab over at imageshack.us. You can see what I was talking about on your blog over here.

    hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comment below, you agree to the blog's Terms of Service.